Multiple sclerosis is a condition which takes place when the connection between brain and spinal cord tends to be damaged for many reasons. This kind of disease may cause disability as well.
Multiple diseases are evolving these days within no time and a lot of people suffer from different kinds of problems which lead to cause disabilities too, same is the case with multiple sclerosis. This condition is caused because the nerves that run between the brain and the spinal cord are damaged. This damage takes place when the covering of the nerves and fibers is attacked by the immune system it causes the nerves to get inflamed and hence the problem of multiple sclerosis takes place. In cases, where the damage is less things are not much worse but in situations where damage has crossed the limit people might not be able to walk on their own.
Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Although proper diagnosis is very important to deal with multiple sclerosis but there are a few signs which must be considered before you head to doctor and these are known to be the symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
- Feeling of numbness on one side of the body impacting the legs.
- Sensations of painful shocks during movement.
- Problems with vision like blurred vision or double appearance of things.
- Tiredness and dizziness caused for no reason
- Issues with speech while conversing with people.
What Causes Multiple Sclerosis? (i)
The conclusion of the main cause or the factors which cause multiple sclerosis to happen is yet to be identified but as per the doctors this is an autoimmune disease. Some people go through it and some don’t, it is because the immune system mistakenly attacks the body and the functions happening inside the body which causes the damage the lining of the nerves. These nerves source to be a very important connection between brain and the spine two most essential organs which help us in many things. When the nerves between them are damaged it causes lack of functionality and may sometimes end up making a person bed ridden.
Who Can Suffer from Multiple Sclerosis?
When it comes to taking a look at the people who are at risk of suffering from multiple sclerosis medical condition, the following ones amount to be at the verge of risk.
- The age group likely to have this condition fall between 20 to 40 years however this doesn’t mean that old aged people cannot suffer from it, even they have a chance by it is less.
- The risk of suffering from multiple sclerosis among women is higher than the risk of men.
- People who have someone in their family suffering from this condition are at a risk of developing the same.
- Some viruses attacking the body may cause damage to the immune system which compels it to act in the incorrect manner.
- Low levels of vitamin D may cause this medical condition to take place.
- Smokers are also at a higher risk as compared to non-smokers.
Treating Multiple Sclerosis (ii)
Considering the treatment options of multiple sclerosis there are numerous ways in which the doctors attempt to slow down the process of multiple sclerosis in the patients, however there is no such treatment as yet which can completely cure this disease but there are treatments which slow down the process instead.
Many doctors advise either a single or combination of medicines to the patients who suffer from the condition of multiple sclerosis, the kind, dosage and concentration of the medications is identified by the doctors looking at the present condition of the patient and may be accordingly suggested.
Since this condition impacts the limbs and the functionality of the legs, many doctors even prescribe their patients to have physiotherapy. The constant physiotherapy is also a way out which eliminates or reduces the level of disability in the body and has proven to be a very tried and trusted method to help the patients suffering from multiple sclerosis.
Natural remedies are also a way out to deal with the condition of multiple sclerosis, a lot of people prefer towards having alternatives to medicines or maybe they have already tried them enough and there has no way out and want to try something else. A few such remedies which may prove to be helpful comprise of the following:
- You must bring some changed in your current diet, it helps reducing the inflammation in the body and therefore the nerves are somehow settled. Consumption of salt must be reduced from the diet and use of fruits, vegetables and foods rich in omega 3 must be incorporated in the diet which helps in making the body capable of fight the disease in a better way.
- Number of people even increase the use of different supplements like cranberry, valerian root and a lot of other herbs which also work effectively for slowing down the process of multiple sclerosis increase.
- Keeping a check on your vitamins and minerals is equally important, make sure to have a diet rich in vitamin D and vitamin B12 so that your nutritional supplements tend to get a balance and you are able to perform properly in your day to day life.
- Practice yoga and aerobics which will help a lot in reducing the condition of multiple sclerosis and will make the body active as well.
The condition of multiple sclerosis is always very troublesome for a lot of people and the worst part is that if it causes complete disability a person may not spend their lives daily in a proper way. Therefore, it is very important to identify the symptoms of this condition in the first place and then get yourself treated so that the disability in the body may be avoided. Nobody likes to remain bedridden for the rest of their lives hence it is very important to keep an eye on everything which goes around in your body so that immediate treatment can be opted for.