To add life to a playground, right playground equipment selection is a must. To cater this you can have a look at the things which you must consider when buying playground equipment.
Playgrounds have no worth unless they have the right equipment in place. You must always look forward to buy the best playground equipment so that the children coming over enjoy properly. However, choosing playground equipment is not a piece of cake and you need to consider a lot of things before you finally order them.
Location of the Playground (i)
Location of the playground is one of the most important considerations. Make sure you assess it properly before you order different equipment. To cater different kinds of playground equipment you must first have enough place on the ground. Different swings and other equipment need space; even after they have been installed there should be some gap in between so that they may be accessed comfortably. These playground equipment are never placed too close and hence make sure to choose equipment after considering space so that you don’t stuff up a small ground with a lot of equipment.
Placement of Equipment
As discussed earlier, playground equipment must have space in between. When no space is left moving the swings becomes impossible. This destroys the purpose of having the equipment in the first place. Make sure to avoid making such mistakes because once invested it causes a lot of loss when the equipment have to be returned back so try to keep a check on everything beforehand.
Choosing the Right Manufacturer
Always choose someone who is reliable. To assess the reliability of the manufacturers you can always scrutinize them after short listing. Look for the feedbacks left by their previous clients, check with the success rate mentioned, asses their reputation in the market and check the quality of product they are offering. After you have done this job on your own you can go ahead and choose your equipment for installing it in the playground. These days’ brands are offering some really good options and they have a maintained reputation as well so you can choose them.
Consider Safety Precautions
Since the playground equipment will be used by children you need to be much sure about the safety of them. Make sure to choose the kind of equipment which is the safest by all means. The materials these days available in the manufacture of these equipment are created by being children friendly so opt for that. Also, have a ground base which is not hard as it may cause injuries; make sure the surroundings also don’t have such pointed stuff which may cause accidental situations.
Look Forward to Right Installer
Installation is also another very important point to have an eye on once you have purchase the equipment itself. You must choose an expert which knows how to perfectly install the equipment. There is no room of ignorance because life of numerous children is going to depend on these equipment. So make sure you have chosen the right person to do the job who has experience as well as expertise to install the playground equipment properly.
Decide a Budget
The prices of different equipment vary depending on many things. The material used in the making, quality of the equipment and the brand you have chosen. A brand name which has a reputation in the market will obviously charge accordingly and similarly if a manufacturer is using the best quality material which is safe and durable will also charge accordingly. So, always do a window shopping first so that you may draft your budget beforehand.
Maintaining Playground Equipment (ii)
After purchasing playground equipment you cannot conclude the fact that you are done. There is a lot of work after that too; you can’t ignore your equipment. Just as you have to maintain your house and your car, you also have to exercise same level of care for your playground equipment. Here we have suggested some really exceptional tips which will help you in maintain your playground equipment always in a good shape.
- Make sure that the playground is surrounded by fence or barriers so that people who are not authorized to enter may be barred and it remains a safe space for children only.
- Always inspect your playground equipment and make sure that no nuts are loose, since children play and equipment move there is a chance of such loose screws which may need to be fixed timely.
- In case if an equipment is damaged make sure to cover it and don’t let children use it unless the damage is addressed by a professional.
- Keep your equipment clean and tidy by responsibly cleaning them regularly, clean and tidy equipment are safe to use and at the same time it helps in keeping the equipment durable.
- At any point if you realize that your equipment has rusted parts make sure to get them fixed as they pose a serious threat when used by children, rusting weakens the metal.
- Since playground is an open space insects may be present, they sometimes end up creating their houses underneath the equipment and eventually damage it, inspect for them and get the equipment fumigated every now and then.
- Regular servicing and oiling of equipment is also a must because the moving parts may tend to get tight with the changing weather and sometimes rain, so make sure to get them serviced so that they move properly.
To keep the playground equipment in good shape in the longer run it is suggested to always keep a check on it and maintain it. Safety of children is the priority when it comes to these equipment and everything must be done keeping in mind the safety concerns. You will find numerous equipment available everywhere but make sure to consider all the above suggested tips before actually investing into these equipment so that you don’t regret later. These amount to be assets and one time investment can be taken for a longer period, so choose wisely.