Diseases that cause issues in the digestive tract are always the ones that have a lot of pain and discomfort to bring to the victim. Dealing with them turns out to be the most important thing to get rid of the stress borne by patients.
Crohns disease is one of the most commonly prevailing diseases which cause inflammation in the digestive tract of a person. It is a kind of bowel disease which can hit any part of the entire digestive tract and with this numerous painful and irritating symptoms tend to take place. This medical condition may not be eliminated completely but there are ways to control the symptoms which are actually causing trouble in the first place.
Symptoms of Crohns Disease (i)
It is the kind of condition which always hits the digestive tract and this may comprise of either large intestine or small intestine and the symptoms related to show up are also more or less the same like the other bowel diseases. Some of the common signs of crohns disease highlighted by the patients may comprise of the following:
- Loss of weight and appetite
- Episode of severe diarrhea
- Blood while passing stool
- Discomfort and pain caused while passing stool leading to fistula
- Pain in abdomen
- Growth of mouth sores
Reasons of Crohns Disease
There are always some causes which lead to a disease and understanding all the causes of crohns disease is very important so that people who are unaffected may try to prevent the disease form happening, although in many cases it is totally impossible to avoid it since being an autoimmune disease it can happen to anyone but knowing the details is always suggested.
- Role played by our immune system to protect our body against all the disease is always very significant, but sometimes it is the immune system of our body which ends up causing diseases like crohns. By attacking the cells of the body rather than the viruses during a response immune system ends up causing this medical condition.
- Family history plays a very important role in these diseases; people who have their family members suffering from this kind of medical condition may always be prepared because it could be hereditary as well.
- It is the age factor as well which causes medical implications to take place, as we grow old our body becomes weak and the chances for such diseases increase in no time.
- Smoking has been a root cause of many diseases as well; people who are habitual smokers are always at a high risk of having these diseases because smoking causes a lot of inflammation in the body.
Problems Associated with Crohns Disease
People who suffer from crohns disease do not only face the pain in abdomen and the basic symptoms, in fact this disease has a tendency to cause many other medical conditions too, this makes it very difficult for the patient to lead a normal life, a few such complications which are associated with the crohns disease may comprise of the following:
- Ulcer is one of the most common complications which is found among the patients of crohns disease this kind of condition takes place because the sores tend to develop internally causing inflammation.
- Due to disturbed bowel movements it is very commonly observed that people end up suffering from fistula, it could take place anywhere but the common area is the surrounding of anus which causes a lot of brining and discomfort, sometimes sitting on a chair becomes near to impossible.
- People suffering from crohns disease are also at a risk of developing colon cancer which could be worst; therefore immediate treatment of crohns disease is required.
- Crohns disease is associated with the loss of weight as well as loss of appetite and hence this causes malnutrition among many patients making them too weak.
Treatment of Crohns Disease (ii)
Considering the treatment of crohns disease the doctors may prescribe many medicines which help in reducing the inflammation in intestines and along with it many antibiotics can be consumed as well. The last resort of treating the crohns disease is to get a surgery done but this decision is taken in the worst cases by doctors. However, by way of bringing some changes in the lifestyle a lot of people are able to get rid of this medical condition which may include:
- You need to work carefully on your diet, the symptoms of crohns disease flare up when a person consumes something inflammatory for themselves, it is always better to avoid meat, dairy products and oily foods because all of these have a tendency to make the symptoms worst.
- Drink plenty of water, it is always recommended to keep myself hydrated to deal with maximum diseases and the same applies for crohns disease as well.
- If you are into smoking, cut down on it. Make sure to reduce the number of cigarettes you consume everyday and with the passage of time gradually leave smoking completely.
- Cut down on your portion of food, let the food digest and do not stuff yourself at once. In fact you can always divide one meal into two so that digestion process becomes easy.
- Get rid of stress, it is always believed that stress is the reason which causes symptoms of crohns disease to flare up and when you keep yourself cool and calm the chances of pain and discomfort reduce.
- Incorporate workout in your daily routine, when you have a habit of daily exercise you are able to reduce stress, lose weight in a healthy way and it helps in digestion hence the symptoms are very much in control.
In order to control the symptoms of crohns disease it is always recommended to keep yourself updated with the different remedies which may be helpful and then with the blend of natural ways and medications you can always win your war against this disease try to do act on it as soon as possible to avoid the worst symptoms.